Slide Show

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Big O 5-8-2010

Temp-89


Water Temp-87

Wind-5-10 se

Water Clarity- 2-3 ft



Hit the ramp at 7:00 to about 100 boats (flw tour). Once we got in the water, I decided to head on down to the Monkey Box. There were a bunch of people fishing there but I did not see them doing much of anything. I thought to myself great...I just ran 30 minutes to not get a bite. I looked around the area and found a few spots were the wing was creating channels in the grass. I thought that this moving water would create spots where bass would want to pile up to ambush bait as it came through. the next hting i needed to figure out what was the bait du jour.....I ran through a few baits and then i saw some bait jumping. I matched the color and the action and it was on. The moving water was definitely where they were at. In a matter of a few hours we put about 45 bass in the boat. The biggest 5 weighed in at approx 16.5 pounds. I knew that we were on to something because other boats started to look and figure out what we were using.... I don't know what weight won the tourney but I can tell you that if you were chucking the wrong bait you were getting skunked as was evident by some of the flw boats not even weighing in...go figure...I guess i just got lucky and picked the right bait and habitat to fish. Was a great day out there aside from the slight sunburn I am dealing with. Any way....keep the lines tight....

No comments:

Post a Comment