Slide Show

Monday, March 22, 2010

Blue Cypress Lake Florida Report 03-21-10

Date: 03-21-10
Weather:  Sunny later turning to Thunder showers
Water Calrity and Color: Tea
Temp: 72
Water Temp:  66
Wind: se 20

Seeing that the lake is about 70 miles from the house we had to leave pretty early.  I had never fished this lake before but had completed some research prior to heading out so I was prepared or at least I thought i was.  I wanted to fish the west side of the lake but with the wind howling that was not an option.  We headed to the south side of the lake and pretty much spent the day down there.  We fish cypress stands, grass, liliy pads etc....The fish were simply not cooperating.  I did get a couple in the boat but they were dinks.  The wifes uncle got a few a well but were tiny as well.  He did get a nice Crappie that we released.  I suspect that the front that was coming through turned the fish off but who knows.

I can say that the lake is pretty majestic..and the opspreys nesting in the cypress stands may for an interesting day of teradactyles dive bombing the boat if we got too close.  I should have taken a bunch of pics...Next time I suppose...
Not the best day but still better than work.....


Until Next Time Keep the Lines Tight

No comments:

Post a Comment