Slide Show

Monday, January 18, 2010

Fishing Report 01-16-09


Location--Unamed Pond St Lucie
Temp---76
Wind--- SW 15-20
Water Temp---64
Clarity ---2ft
Stained

Ok, After dealing with the freezing temps from the week prior (this was the reason I left the north east) I was itching to hit the water. I headed out to the local hole and found that the water is now completely stained due to construction. Because of this I changed my strategy. I opted to go with a texas rigged swim senko in a pumpkin color. I had issues fishing where I thought the fish would be because of the wind. But I was able to find a few calm spots away from the wind. I was pitching the bait in and along the weeds and catails. I would let it drop and twitch pause retreive it back to the boat. Although the fishing was a little slow I did put 5 in the boat. I forgot to bring my camera so I took a picture of one of the average fish with my phone. The biggest one of the day was a little over 5 pounds with averags fish coming in at about 2-3 pounds.....Not bad for January...

No comments:

Post a Comment